Beat the Heat - Summer Safety Tips
When the temperature hovers over 90 degrees, its time to protect ourselves from excessive heat and humidity.
Continue reading for Summer Safety Tips.
Summer Safety Tips:
- Stay hydrated. Drink plenty of fluids, even if you don’t feel thirsty. Keep a bottle of water with you. Avoid alcohol and caffeine.
- Never leave kids or pets in a parked car, even for a short time. The temperature inside can double within minutes.
- Know warning signs of heat exhaustion or heat stroke. Watch for shallow and fast breathing, headaches, dry mouth, pale or clammy skin, muscle cramps, tiredness, disorientation, passing out, nausea and vomiting. Seek immediate medical attention.
- Make sure pets have plenty of fresh, clean water and a shady place to escape the sun. Animals can dehydrate quickly.
- Check regularly on infants, young children, elderly and the overweight, especially if they don’t have air conditioning. They are especially vulnerable in extreme heat.
- If you don’t have air conditioning in your home, head to the mall, library or other public space to keep cool.
Summer is the time to enjoy the outside and sunshine. Just be prepared and use common sense. Know when it is time to take a break. Enjoy the Season!
Pauline Lee | Pauline@indmortgage.com | (508) 525-5415 | www.indmortgage.com