- Call (888) 5 OPT OUT or (888) 567-8688
- Or go online to www.optoutprescreen.com
If you believe you have been a victim of credit fraud:
- Call Trans Union (800) 680-7289; https://www.transunion.com/fraud-victim-resource/important-contacts
- Call Experian (888) 397-3742; http://www.experian.com/credit-education/victim-assistance.html
- Call Equifax (800) 525-6285; https://help.equifax.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/125/~/placing-a-fraud-alert
The Federal government created the national registry to make it easier and more efficient for you to stop getting telemarketing calls you don’t want. You can register online at WWW.DONOTCALL.GOV or call toll-free, 1-888-382-1222 (TTY 1-866-290-4236), from the number you wish to register. Registration is free.
The Federal Trade Commission, the Federal Communications Commission, and the states are enforcing the National Do Not Call Registry. Placing your number on the registry will stop most, but not all, telemarketing calls.